2017-18 President’s Message
Submitted by Deanna Gray
I am truly honored to serve as President of the Iowa Chapter of HFMA. As President, I look forward to building on the momentum and successes that our chapter has enjoyed, thanks to the efforts of past presidents and our dedicated volunteers. I especially want to thank Chad Tysdahl, last year’s president, for his devoted leadership and dedication to the chapter. With the 2016-17 leaders, the Chapter continued the tradition of providing quality educational programming, professional development, and fantastic networking opportunities.
This year’s HFMA National Chair is Carol Friesen, and her theme is “Where Passion Meets Purpose.” Fittingly, I want to publicly thank all the officers, directors, and committee members, in advance for their volunteer efforts this coming year where we are already collectively experiencing the fruits of their labors. In May, Iowa chapter leaders strategized to leverage best practices from HFMA National and other successful chapters, which helped us to narrow down our objectives for 2017-18 in addition to core objectives referenced previously.
Based on past chapter survey responses and other feedback, our members and sponsors asked for the following which became our highest priority initiatives:
1. Improve the online event registration process including providing the ability to pay online without registering through HFMA National’s web site;
2. Enhance the chapter web site;
3. Replace the traditional newsletter with a more cost-effective email communication;
4. Provide our valuable sponsors with a method to easily manage and renew their sponsorship via a payment portal;
5. Evaluate opportunities to meet educational needs for an expanded audience including but not limited to early careerists, physician groups, and health plans; and
6. Evaluate the role of the chapter administrative assistant and how we can best utilize resources.The joint IHA/HFMA Annual Meeting, October 10-12th is the next opportunity to attend an educational program, and you can view the agenda and register here using the code HFMA2017.
Many thanks to Jeremy Behrens and the Programming Committee! They have put together a high-quality, relevant, program. Also, thanks to our Networking Committee which has organized two different charitable functions followed by a rooftop social event. You don’t want to miss this event, so register today!
My involvement in the Iowa Chapter has been a rewarding experience for me, both professionally and personally. The highest priority I have as president is to ensure that you are extremely satisfied with your membership experience. I encourage you to become involved.Please feel free to contact me throughout the year if you wish to volunteer or have comments or suggestions to enhance our members’ experience.Thank you!Deanna Gray
Iowa HFMA Chapter President